The American Red Cross of New Hampshire & Vermont serves all residents in both states – a population of more than 1.9 million people. We cover 24 counties and 18,973 square miles, the region operates with the support of a small group of paid staff and more than 1,259 dedicated volunteers.
Last Fiscal Year NH/VT:
- Responded to 355 local disasters, providing shelter, food, comfort and hope to 862 families in need.
- Connected 436 local military families with service members during critical life moments like births and deaths.
- Trained 56 people to become phlebotomists and 301 students for medical careers.
- Provided free rural medical transportation to 8,114 patients in the Monadnock Regions.
- Assisted the Blood Region in collecting 98,235 units of blood for use at hospitals region-wide.
- Many residents were also trained in lifesaving skills such as CPR, first aid, water safety and babysitting.
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common bonds of humanity and compassion unite us together, not just in the face of emergencies and disasters, but in helping our neighbors every day.